PARCEL TO INDIA
For UK businesses sending a parcel to India has never been easier. With so many manufactures in India who supply the UK’s retail and online shopping industry with goods, keeping import and export channels moving is vital for both countries retail business infrastructure.
The great news is that World Options has partnered with the world’s best courier and shipping companies – UPS, FEDEX, DHL and TNT in order to provide the best shipping rates and cheapest prices for businesses who need to send a parcel to India. Whatever the size of shipment, document, parcels, small or large packages, pallets or freight, through road, air and sea transportation World Options can help.
When planning whether or not to ship to India, it is wise to consider the nature of products that already sell successfully in the country. This will help you to decide whether your goods stand a good chance commercially, as well as enabling you to spot gaps in the market for something new. According to World’s Top Imports, the top 10 most imported items in India are:
- Mineral fuels including oil
- Gems and precious metals
- Electrical machinery and equipment
- Machinery including computers
- Organic chemicals
- Plastics and plastic articles
- Animal/vegetable fats, oils and waxes
- Iron and steel
- Optical, technical and medical apparatus
- Ores, slag and ash
Many goods can be shipped to India without the need for an export licence, but there are certain products that require special permission. For example, businesses looking to import used clothing to India will require a Special Import License granted by the Director General of Foreign Trade in India. The body also holds a complete list of goods that require special permissions, so it is wise to consult this in the early stages of planning your shipping needs.
CHALLENGES AND RISKS
The UK government offers useful advice for those looking to do business in India and outlines some of the main challenges involved. Considerations include:
- Multiple religious, ethnic and annual variations in holiday timings, requiring careful planning for business trips
- Barriers to trade and investment in some sectors because of regulatory constraints, local sourcing requirements and import tariffs
- Intellectual property protection (IP)
- Risk of delays due to administrative requirements
- Difficulty of land acquisition
- Access to the right skills in the local workforce
- Infrastructure challenges, including for distribution and logistics
- Extremely hot weather in summer and wet weather in the monsoon season can affect business
- Risk of bribery and corruption
Customs paperwork is required to allow your parcel to enter India and this is a key part of your shipment that should never be overlooked. Depending on who you choose to ship with, providers can handle this on your behalf. All paperwork must list the items that are included in the shipment and state their value. This part is important, as it allows the authority to work out how much duty is owed on your shipment.
INTERNATIONAL COURIER SERVICES TO INDIA
- Express (guaranteed time definite service.)
- Express Saver – by 12 pm (1-5 business day - item delivered by end of day.)
- Express – by 10:30 am (1-3 business days - delivery between 10.30 a.m or 12:00 noon)
- International Priority
- Express Worldwide - Pre 12:00 pm
- Express - 12:00 *(where available)
- Express - 10:00 *(where available)
- Express - 12:00 *(where available)
- Express – Economy
TOP 20 CITIES IN INDIA WORLD OPTIONS CUSTOMERS SHIP TO
READY TO SEND YOUR PARCEL TO india?
GET A QUICK QUOTE
Complete the form below and a member or our team will contact you with the best India courier rates.