by Angela Delaney
World Options Annual Regional Training Conference 2018
This month we were delighted to welcome World Options franchisees and their teams from across the country to our two-day annual regional training conference. Over 110 franchisees attended the event, which was split between two locations, one in the north and the other in the south of England.
The first conference was hosted on Monday 12 November at the Dunkenhalgh Hotel in Blackburn, near the World Options head office, before then moving south to The Village Hotel in Swindon on Wednesday 14 November.
Throughout the year we listen to franchisees’ requests and suggestions on the ways in which we can improve our products and services to match our customers’ needs and experience. The main objective of the conference is to then present the ways in which we have moved forward with new ideas, and demonstrate the new tools and processes that franchisees can take away with them to achieve the company-wide objective of business growth and improved customer satisfaction.
The conference is also a fantastic opportunity to gather all of our hard-working franchisees together, to encourage them to share experiences and top tips, and help them stay focused on their business goals, aims and objectives.
Our directors use the conference as an opportunity to meet with our franchisees face-to-face, and give them the extra boost in order to help them continue to grow in the coming months. This year, our directors delivered talks on a variety of subjects, including founder and CEO Stewart Butler, who presented insights into World Options software developments, technology and user customers experience developments.
Other presentations included:
- Technology developments: World Options development of new tools to help franchisees run their business more efficiently
- World Options shipping software: Updates and changes to the portal and shipping integration services
- Carrier news: Changes in the carrier industry, including DHL’s acquisition of UKMail, what this means for World Options services to customers
- Customer support updates: New online tools and processes for improved communication with World Options customers
- Franchise news: Welcoming new franchisees and introducing them to the franchisee network
- Company changes: New staff and improvements
- Franchise training and developments
- Accounts and billing: Insight into new tools
- Road map: Future plans and developments for the next 12 months
The following directors were in attendance:
- Stewart Butler - Founder and CEO
- Lance Grew - Franchise IT Director
- Brett Beresford - Franchise Operations Director
- Leland Mayall - Franchise Development Director
- Richard Ormerod - Franchise Training Director
- Howard McCormick - Franchise Sales Director
- Tracey Higgins - Franchise Billing Director
Every year, the conference proves a wonderfully inspiring day for all of our franchisees and directors to meet, share learning, find out exciting updates and receive an invigorating boost as we head towards Black Friday, the busy holiday season and 2019.
We look forward to seeing our franchisees use these new tools we have developed to help them run their business and to see the difference our software and carrier updates will make to customers and World Options as a whole.
Find out more about World Options online shipping here.