Coronavirus Update - Shipping Services
We continue accepting courier bookings on the World Options online shipping portal as usual and our partner carriers UPS, DHL, FedEx, TNT, DPD continue to pick up deliveries and transport goods to UK destinations and to countries that are accepting imports and exports. There are however, some shipping service restrictions and suspensions to some countries, please read the information below and view the carriers links for more information.
Many British businesses have orders to fulfil and products that require transportation, we endeavour to keep business imports and exports moving by continuing to provide domestic and international courier delivery services wherever possible.
Carrier service updates are changing on a regular basis, to confirm your chosen carrier service is available view the links below or contact your Account Manager.
We've received the following updates from our carrier partners, any further updates will be added as the carriers make their announcements.
- All Carriers - If the carrier is unable to deliver goods due to the business premises or delivery address being closed, customers will still be charged for the shipment and return charges will apply.
- Customs - authorities are asking for detailed descriptions and other paperwork. Learn more here.
- DHL EXPRESS UPDATES - From 19th March 2021
- DHL PARCEL UPDATES - From 15th January 2021
- EMERGENCY SITUATION SURCHARGE - effective 1st April 2020
- EMERGENCY SITUATION SURCHARGE - effective 24th May 2020
- UPDATES - From 10th March 2021
- TEMPORARY SURCHARGES - effective 31st May 2020
- Please note UPS have suspended their money back guarantee service.
- FEDEX/TNT SURCHARGE - effective 28th December 2020 - £0.18 per kilo surcharge for all FedEx Express and TNT international parcel and freight shipments, originating in Europe and MEISA to the US and Canada.
- FEDEX/TNT SURCHARGE - effective 22nd June 2020 - parcel shipments originating in China and destined for Europe, the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent and Africa will decrease from £1.60 per kilo to £0.80 per kilo.
- FEDEX/TNT CHINA SURCHARGE - effective 26th May 2020
- FEDEX/TNT CHINA SURCHARGE - effective 29th April 2020
- FedEx are implementing surcharges to all FedEx International services.
- TEMPORARY SUSPENSION of FedEx services in India
- INDIA SERVICE UPDATE - effective 28th May 2020
- Asia Pacific restrictions
- GUIDANCE ON URGENT MEDICAL SHIPMENTS - effective 27th May 2020
- REFUNDS OR CREDITS - Due to the current environment, FedEx/TNT will no longer provide refunds or credits for shipments if there is a problem/query with the shipment which has occurred in relation to the service provided.
- TNT Economy European Exports Restriction from July 13 2020 - all TNT Economy shipments from Europe to Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- TNT Restriction from 29th June 2020 - Restriction on all TNT Economy shipments from Europe to the US, Canada and Latin America
- TNT Surcharges from 6th April 2020 - TNT are implementing surcharges to all TNT International services except TNT economy intra-Europe.
- Partial service suspension to/from named cities/destination zip codes in Austria, Czech Republic and Italy.
- Service suspension into/from Kazakhstan, Mauritania & Uzbekistan.
- China and Hong Kong weight limitations on outbound shipments exceeding 300 kgs still in place.
- China - TNT: The Economy Express import service from China has been suspended until further notice. The Express Service remains operational under 100kg. If you require a quote for heavier shipments, please contact our Freight Desk on email@example.com
- Full Economy Express suspensions are for APAC (Asia Pacific) to EU imports.
- Economy Express exports, the suspension of services to APAC (Asia Pacific) is for India, New Zealand and Australia only.
- China - Due to the coronavirus there are shipping restrictions to certain areas in China.
- Unfortunately, bookings to restricted areas don’t flag up until the booking has been transferred through our TNT system. If your booking has been affected by this, we will raise a support ticket advising you.
- Italy - Due to Italy being in lockdown, bookings and deliveries to Italy have been affected. Italy has restricted import deliveries to “food and medical supplies” only. It is at the customer's risk if they wish to book shipments to Italy.
- The freight trailer service is currently still active for services to Italy, but please note: transit times will most likely be affected. There are certain locations in Italy that are restricted due to the lockdown. World Options can only advise customers if the area they require a freight delivery to is restricted after requesting the freight quote.
Your World Options account manager is available to assist you with any shipping related enquiries, and our support staff continue to provide customer service and accounts related services.
We continue to operate and fulfil our duty to World Options customers. Our organisation is fully digitalised and equipped to adapt to working from home and fully operate. We are still be able to receive calls from customers and we aim to continue providing shipping services with minimum disruption.
START USING WORLD OPTIONS TODAY